An accomplished Linguist and Trainer. Chartered translator (CL) and Member (MCIL) (Chartered Institute of Linguists, CIOL, London);- Sworn translator (Tribunal of Salerno); DottLingLett (Foreign Languages&Literatures); MA (Modernism); MAbyR (Translation).
Well developed background of working in high profile international organisations such as the UNITED NATIONS (UNU-ONY; MONUSCO) and the European Parliament (Luxembourg) and non-profit organisations focusing on development issues, human rights and fair trade (NEAD UK).
World citizen: multilingual, an Italian native speaker, near native speaker of English, proficient in French and basic understanding of Spanish, Lingala and Swahili. Rosaria spent 7 yrs in the UK, 6 months in Amman, 6 months in Athens, 1 yr in New York, 1 yr in Luxembourg, 7 yrs in DRCongo.
EDUCATION IN BRIEF
– Master of Arts in Modernism (MA), University of East Anglia, Norwich (UEA), UK, 2002
– Master of Arts by Research in Applied Linguistics (MAbyR), University of East Anglia (UEA), Norwich, UK, 2007
– Laurea in Foreign Languages and Literature Università degli Studi di Salerno (magna cum laudae), Salerno, IT, 2001
– Erasmus project (Linguistics and Architecture), University of Reading, UK 2000
– Linguistic Diploma, Salerno, IT, 1996
LATEST CAREER POSTS
– Chief of the Language Services for the UNITED NATIONS Organization Mission in the DRCongo, MONUSCO, 2008-2015
– Translator (trainee), European Parliament, Luxembourg, 2008
– Terminologist, European Parliament, Luxembourg, 2008
– Junior Professional Fellow, UNITED NATIONS University-Office in New York (UNU-ONY), 2007-2008
– Fair-trade administrative officer, Norfolk Education & Action for Development (NEAD), Norwich, UK, 2001-2006
– over 10 yrs teaching in both the UK (private and state schools) and in Italy
* 20 years working experience as translator/interpreter in different areas, over 7 yrs with the UN: over 1000 pages published in UN documents.
Jiamcatt: one of the speakers at 2012, European Union, Luxembourg.
Also Teacher of Italian, French and English for Foreign Learners. Rosaria also worked as a Trainer for the UN Mission in the DRC and as a Supply Teacher in UK colleges (French literature and language).